20 reasons why it pays to advertise
- Create awareness – no awareness, no sale.
- More placements mean more profits. Don’t be a non-profit organization.
- Keep your customers sold on you. Guess who your competitors’ best prospects are?
- Support your unique selling point. It makes the cash register ring.
- Promote secondary products. Then your customers can enjoy one-stop shopping.
- Introduce new products. But do your homework first.
- Announce changes. Or let the rumor mill run wild.
- Stimulate the use of new techniques. New techniques, new customers.
- Support your sales team. Repeat in print what your sales team says – and vice versa.
- Generate telephone, fax and email inquiries. Real buyers demand immediate action.
- Stay visible! More than 70% of all sales are initiated by the buyer.
- Attract better employees – before your competitor gets them.
- Counter economic downturns. Why go with the flow? Be a salmon, swim upstream.
- Test your market. Cut down on failures and job turnover.
- Show leadership. Like dog teams, the view is better from the front.
- Reach new buyers. Buying teams are constantly changing.
- Define how you will be compared. Make the competition fight your strength, not weaknesses.
- Energize your staff. Seeing the company name in print is a great morale booster.
- Attract new distributors. Nothing makes the old ones work harder.
- Attract investors. They see your ads, too.